There are great events and festivals happening year round in the Western Upper Peninsula.
Masks, Beads & Bands at Blackjack Mountain & Indianhead Mountain!
2019 Nordic Calendar
Wolverine – Mountains of the Midwest Triathlon – Saturday March 2nd
Wolverine, MECCA & WinMan Tuesday Night Ski Schedule TBA
Winter Carnival! Fun for the whole family.
Contact Whitecap Mountains Ski Resort for more information.
SKI • SNOWSHOE • FAT TIRE BIKE
The inaugural Mountains of the Midwest Winter Triathlon will take place at Wolverine Nordic Ski Trails on March 2, 2019. Competitors will compete in nordic skiing, snowshoeing, and fat tire snow biking to complete the triathlon. Registration will take place at Cold Iron Brewery in Ironwood.
We are taking our Ski Patrol Brat Fundraiser to a whole new level!
This ski-in/ski-out event will take place MID HILL with live music, games, bar and brat grill out from 10am-2:30pm. Then the party will continue at the Caribou with more live music and an opportunity to be a part of the World’s Largest Stormy Kromer Photo at 4:30pm! Bring your Kromer, bring your dog (in their Kromer gear) and meet at the Caribou for this first-ever opportunity!
Join us as we make history by taking the World’s Largest Stormy Kromer photo at Big Powderhorn Mountain!
All you have to do: Show up at the Caribou Lodge at 4:30pm wearing your Stormy Kromer gear (friendly, leashed dogs and their Kromers are welcome too!) All will gather for this once in a lifetime opportunity to set a record for the Most Stormy Kromer’s worn for a photo!
Michigan’s Historic Ironwood Theatre will host a nostalgic evening of music featuring many of Frank Sinatra’s most popular songs. The show is surprisingly authentic as crooner Dave Halston brings Sinatra to life and a vintage Vegas vibe to the Ironwood stage.
Coming March 2nd, the Historic Ironwood Theatre will host a tribute to one of America’s greatest performers: Frank Sinatra. And who better to bring the essence of Ol’ Blue Eyes back to the stage but the exceptional Dave Halston. Critics have raved about Halston’s tribute to the iconic Sinatra, calling it “stunning” and “spot-on”. Halston creates a brilliant interpretation of the beloved Chairman of the Board.
Halston has impressed more than a few Sinatra fans. After seeing Dave perform, Frank’s widow, Barbara Sinatra, called his performance “Wonderful!”. Like Sinatra, Dave’s natural charm and charisma is genuine and captivating. He displays that familiar swagger while almost effortlessly delivering that smooth ribbon of sound. Halston does something few performers are capable of doing – a tribute to “Frank” that is patently authentic!
Dave Halston comes to Ironwood with an impressive list of achievements. When he performed for Mrs. Sinatra, she was brought to tears and by his rendition of “My Way”, Frank’s signature song. He has also entertained Jeanne Martin (Mrs. Dean Martin), recording artist Michael Feinstein, recording artist Steve Tyrell and Mr. Las Vegas himself, Wayne Newton.
It’s been great, Winter, but we are all catching a little bit of spring fever. Join us for a weekend of tropical fun on the snow! Activities include a wine hut party, ice bar, games, scavenger hunt, and more!
Help Regional Hospice celebrate the 13th annual Ironwood Polar Plunge.
• This is the 13th annual Polar Plunge.
• Date: Saturday, March 9.
• Location: Sunday Lake, Wakefield, MI
• Pre-registration deadline: Feb 20.
• Day-of Event Schedule:
Registration begins at 10:00am at the Wakefield VFW.
Registration ends at 11:30am.
The plunge will begin promptly at 12:00pm.
Warm up social to follow at the Wakefield VFW. Food will be served for a nominal fee.
*Costumes are encouraged (Please, no wet suits or birthday suits!).
• Each plunger that raises more than $25.00 will receive a t-shirt.
• Jumpers who raise $150.00 or more will also receive a long-sleeved t-shirt.
• Plungers must register in advance (by Feb 20th) to be guaranteed a t-shirt.
• Pledges should be collected in advance.
• Money will be collected at the plunge. Keep pledge sheets for your records.
• Waiver sheets must be signed and turned in prior to the plunge.
• Register for the jump by calling (906) 663-0308 or fax info to (906) 663-0311.
Contests & Rules:
• Prizes will be awarded to the following:
-Individuals who raise $1,000.00 or more
-most pledges by a group
-most pledges child
-most pledges in the “Scaredy Cat” category
-oldest plunger & youngest plunger
-best costume adult and child
-best costumes for a group
-person who traveled the farthest.
• There will be a photo booth set up during registration. We request you have your photo taken, with your costume on, or we will be unable to consider you for the costume contest.
• Top pledge money is the money that is turned in the day of the plunge. Any money owed will not be counted until it is received.
• Bring a change of clothing, and a towel to wrap around you after the jump.
• Footwear is mandatory.
• Special category for those who do not have the courage to enter the frigid water but are willing to get their feet wet!
• Obtain pledges from family & friends who support your fear.
Is winter swimming dangerous? Rapid cooling the skin triggers various heart and breathing responses. The strain placed on the heart is not likely to be a problem for a healthy person, but may be dangerous for those with heart disease or hypertension.
All proceeds from this event will help provide care and support to people living with a terminal illness in our community. All contributions are tax deductible. Regional Hospice is a 501c(3) Charitable Organization.
Thank you for making a difference!