There are great events and festivals happening year round in the Western Upper Peninsula.
The Bessemer VFW Post 3673 is hosting a Winter Wonderland Craft and Vendor Gift Shoppe on Saturday, December 3rd from 9am – 2pm! There will also be raffles, a delicious lunch menu, and bar specials!
Interested folks may reserve a table for $25 and a table gift for the raffle. All table fees and raffle proceeds are donated to the local Disable American Vet chapter! Contact Michelle Koski at email@example.com for the vendor application. Table feeds must be received within 7 days of table host request or table will be released.
The Pines Restaurant in Mercer is hosting the 7th annual European Christmas Market in their garden on Saturday, December 3rd from 3-7pm! Dress warm and have fun!
- Over 20 outdoor vendors in The Pines Restaurant Beer Garden
- Christmas music
- Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Mulled wine, hot cider and other specialty drinks
- Sweetie Pines cookies (by the dozen or 3 1/2 dozen box)
- Polish sausage, brats, hot dogs, German potato salad, potato pancakes, chili, sauerkraut and more available inside The Pines
- Taking orders for Di’s famous pasties. Call 715-776-8566 to order, pick up on Dec. 3rd.
- Impulsive Necessities, the Wampum Shop and other shops will keep later house on Saturday, featuring great Christmas specials!
The Midwest Snow Cross Series Racing is coming to Mt. Zion on the campus of Gogebic Community College in Ironwood, MI.
Registration for the event must be completed by December 9, 2022 at 6pm for the Saturday races and December 10, 2022 at 6 pm for the Sunday races.
The races will take place on December 10 and 11, 2022.
Adult admission fee is $10 for weekend or $5 for Sunday only. Children under 12 are free.
Additional information can be found by clicking on the link here: http://www.midwestsnocross.com/Ironwood.html
A favorite returns to the Historic Ironwood Theatre on Saturday, December 17th at 7pm! This year’s community Christmas show is themed “Christmas Around the World.”
Come to Black River Basin to kick off the New Year right! First, our incredible ski patrol team will show off the annual torchlight parade, followed by a spectacular firework show. All of that followed up with the band Ember to jam into the new year! No reservation is needed, just your smiling face and energy for a great night!
- Old Pine Road is back to celebrate NYE with their one-of-a-kind mix of crowd-pleasing blend of soulful funk-grass with a taste of twang and jam-band experimentation that’s sure to leave you entertained.
- Make your NYE one of the best with David Walters and the old pine road boys taking you into 2023! Venue: Sugar Maple Chalet – Upstairs Jackson Creek Summit. 7pm into 2023!
- NEW YEAR’S EVE with EMBER BAND on the stage in Gabbro Grill! (Formally Logger’s Lounge) to rock/roll us into 2023. 9pm until midnight!
High energy, amazing everything music and THE party band of the year and into the NEW YEAR!
New Year’s Eve Celebration!
Live Music by Black River
New Year’s Keg Drop @ 10pm
Come join the Midwest’s newest and fastest growing ski company BPM Skis from Chippewa Falls, WI! These skis are designed purpose built for Midwest skiers in Midwest conditions! Come see and feel why so many people are switching
“Light Up the Night” Christmas Tree Burning Event, Norrie Amateur Sports Club, at 7:00 p.m.
There’s no better place to celebrate a snow-filled winter than the Porcupine Mountains. And every February that celebration has a name: the Snowburst Winter Carnival.
Snow-loving adventurers of all ages come together for this fun event at the Porcupine Mountains Winter Sports Complex, where they can enjoy all kinds of winter bliss—snowshoeing, downhill skiing, lantern-lit expeditions on the trails, live music, fireworks and much more.
Previous events have included:
**Giant slalom race
**Lantern-lit ski and snowshoe
For more information, contact:
Snowburst Winter Carnival at The Porcupine Mountains Sports Complex
Michigan Highway 107
Ontonagon, MI 49953
(906) 885 – 5275
Come with your most glowing self! Enjoy an evening snowshoe walk, hot cocoa, bonfires and more!
Northern Iron County Engaged Residents (NICER) is again offering a Hygee Hike snowshoe walk. If you don’t have your own snowshoes, there will be options to borrow. Just be sure to check ahead of time by following the information on the site here: https://www.nicer715.com/projects-events/2023-hygge-hike
The suggested donation is $10 per family.