There are great events and festivals happening year round in the Western Upper Peninsula.
Who doesn’t like grilled cheeses? We will have a grilled cheese pop-up stand serving multiple styles of grilled cheese sandwiches made fresh as you order on Saturday, June 29th 2019. There will be a traditional option, something with bacon, and one we are calling “The Hipster” which will probably have sprouts or avocado on it. Stay tuned for the full list of grilled cheese varieties! Things get going at 5 PM
Do you have an interest in robotics and would like to become a mentor or sponsor? Do you know of a student who would like to participate in FRC? Come visit Team 7638 Northern Exposure Robotics Division for their fundraising and community outreach event. Learn how the robots work, what the FRC is, and how you can be a part of it. Robots from the previous two years will be on hand for demonstrations along with students and mentors who will answer questions. There will also be many raffle items including a 50/50 raffle.
The Messengers play live at Cold Iron Brewing, Tuesday, July 2nd from 7-10 PM.
The taproom opens at 6:30 PM for a Tuesday evening performance by The Messengers.
About the band:
“Night after night… show after show, the Messengers leave audiences dancing, singing and screaming for more. The sound, based on their incredible harmony and raw power, tears through the best pop, rock, and modern country.
A huge set list includes everything from Miranda to Mumford… from Queen to Pitbull. Sing-a-long favorites follow unexpected medleys that mix classics with today’s current hits. Every show is different, and every night offers another chance to get the message.”
The Messengers are: Andy Magnuson, Suzanne Magnuson and Emily Kuhn
Featuring David Paul Martin for a FREE concert live in the Downtown Art Park from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
David Paul Martin is a Wisconsin singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and audio engineer/producer. With genre-hopping sound and style, Martin pens his songs with a thoughtful honesty and simple poetry
Silent movie with Tim Mesun on the Barton Organ
Cardboard Boat Races are back!!
Prizes awarded in the following categories: Most Patriotic, Titanic, 7 & under, 8-12, 13-17, 19-44 and 45 & over.
Rules are simple: All boats must be homemade, only cardboard and tape can be used, no sealant or paint allowed, paddle are allowed, 1-2 riders per boat.
Music, sea salt wings & drink specials! Bring your lawn chair and enjoy the fun! No coolers, food or drinks please.
Tuesdays at 5:30pm (sign up at 5:15)
All players welcome; beginners/intermediates paired with advanced players
$5 entry – $1 to ace pool, payout to top team (or teams depending on attendance)
Norrie Park: 7/16, 7/30, 8/13, 8/27, 9/10, 9/24
Mount Zion: 7/9, 7/23, 8/6, 8/20, 9/3, 9/17
Find us on Facebook: Gogebic Range Disc Golfers
Tuesday Night MTN Bike Rides starting at 6:00pm
DATE STARTING PLACE
- July 9th Sunday Lake Park
- July 16th Winman Trail Head
- July 23rd
- July 30th Copper Peak Parking Lot
- August 6th Wolverine Parking Lot
- August 13th Winman Trail Head
- August 20th Copper Peak
- August 27th Cold Iron Brewery
- September 3rd Winman Trail Head
- September 10th Apple Fest Eversons House
- September 17th Wolverine Parking Lot
- September 24th Depot Park Ironwood
Street bike rides every Wednesday evening starting at 6:30 pm leaving from different locations check schedule as to where ride will start also check website as there will be updates. Rides last around 90 minutes and cover 8 to 15 miles depending on the ride. Road bikes, Mt. bikes, cruiser bikes everybody is welcome. Rides are casual you go at your own pace, we wait for everyone . We also have weekend group rides to different locations this are longer events from 18 to 30 + miles rides still casual still fun.
- July 10th Bank Club Hurley start time 6:30 pm.
- July 17th Festival Ironwood 6:30 pm.
- July 24th Cold Iron Brewing in Ironwood start time 6:30 pm.
- July 28th ride from M & N intersection to St Germain and back.
- July 31st Spyders Hurley 6:30 pm.
- August 7th Don & GG’s in Ironwood start time 6:30 pm.
- August 11th ride from Manitowish Waters to Boulder Junction and back 30-mile ride all on paved trail.
- Time Change to 6:00 pm start time starting August 15th.
- August 14th Bessemer VFW start time 6:00 pm.
- August 21st Rigonis Bar Ironwood start time 6:00 pm.
- August 25th ride from Mercer to Manitowish Waters and back 20-mile ride.
- September 4th Bessemer VFW start time 6:00 pm.
- September 8th ride from Bayfield to Madeline island and back using ferry to get to Island for 20-mile ride on Island
- Fall Cider Ride Everson’s House date not set yet.
Help fight cancer — it’s everywhere.
Participate in the annual Judy’s Ride for cancer — decorate your vehicle and yourself and visit 8 establishments for a Poker Run Stamp. Best 5 card hand wins half the pot. Each participant pays $10 entry fee. Participants must return to Do Drop In by 5 pm on Saturday, July 13 to draw hand. Food will be available. Join in the silent auction and purchase 50/50 tickets.
All proceeds will be donated to local cancer patients and the Hope House in Marshfield.Music by Lake Effect Band @ 6:00 pm.
Hide Away Bar
Do Drop In