There are great events and festivals happening year round in the Western Upper Peninsula.
Superior Snowshoe Walks 2010 9th Season
Walks start at 6:30 pm. Headlights or flashlights recommended.
For more info call:
Sam or Anne Davey – 932-2020 or cell 906-285-3142
Hobby Wheel – 932-3332
- January 22nd. Cottonwood tree walk sponsored by Manny’s Restaurant (316 E. Houk St. Ironwood) park at Manny’s Restaurant.
- January 29th. Gogebic Country Club (200 Country Club Rd. Ironwood, Mi.) sponsored by Elk & Hound (200 Country Club Rd Ironwood, Mi.)
- February 5th. Miners Park Trail Head (776 E. Ayer St. Ironwood, Mi.) Red Devil Loop walk sponsored by Rigoni’s Bar (925 E. Ayer St Ironwood, Mi.)
- February 12th Schaumburg Park (9701 N Hwy 51 Hurley Wi.) sponsored by Spyders Bar (219 Silver St. Hurley, Wis.)
- February 19th. Michigan Info Center Walk on West Hwy US-2 Ironwood, Mi. sponsored by Cold Iron Brewery (104 S. Lowell St. Ironwood, Mi.)
- February 26th. No walk Ash Wednesday
- March 4th Miners Park Walk Pabst Blue Ribbon loop sponsored by the Aurora Club 101 Penokee Rd. Ironwood, Mi. Park at City Garage on Penokee Rd.
- March 11th. ABR (E5299 West Pioneer Road Ironwood, Mi.) walk sponsored by Brewster’s Bar (112 S. Lowell St. Ironwood, Mi.)
- March 18th. Wolverine Ski Trails (5851 Sunset Rd, Ironwood, Mi.) sponsored by Wolverine ski club & Hobby Wheel consist of potluck cook out with bonfire. (Bring, a dish to pass, drinks and chairs if you wish to sit outside)
Big Powderhorn Mountain Resort Live Music
Join us for live music in the Caribou Lodge
- January 24th: Yasmin – 3:00-6:00pm
- January 25th: Lake Effect Band – 8:00-12am
- January 31st: Chris Hogan – 3:00-6:00pm
- February 1st: Hurleywoodz – 8:00pm-12:00am
- February 15th: XTRA – 8:30-12:00am
- February 22nd: XTRA – 8:30-12:00am
- February 29th: XTRA – 8:30-12:00am
Big Snow Resort’s Live Music
- January 24th: Scott Kirby – 3:30pm – Sky Bar at Indianhead
- January 24th: David Walters & The Old Pine Road Band – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- January 25th: Corey Carlson – 3:30pm – Sky Bar at Indianhead
- January 25th: Bret Miller – 4:00pm – Blackjack Mtn
- January 25th: White House Players – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- January 31st: Tony Cuchetti – 3:30pm – Sky Bar at Indianhead
- January 31st: Timmy Haus – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- February 1st: Corey Carlson – 3:30pm – Sky Bar at Indianhead
- February 1st: Timmy Haus – 4:00pm – Blackjack Mtn
- February 1st: Tony Cuchetti – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- February 7th: David Walters – 3:30pm – Sky Bar at Indianhead
- February 7th: Cluster Pluck – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- February 8th: David Walters – 4:00pm – Blackjack Mtn
- February 8th: Cluster Pluck – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- February 14th: Brad Emanuel – 3:30pm – Sky Bar at Indianhead
- February 14th: Zac Mathews Band – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- February 14th: Brad Emanuel – 4:00pm – Blackjack Mtn
- February 14th: Zac Mathews Band – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- February 21st: David Walters – 3:30pm – Sky Bar at Indianhead
- February 21st: Copperbox Trio – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- February 22nd: David Walters & The Old Pine Road Band – 4:00pm – Blackjack Mtn
- February 22nd: Copperbox Trio – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- February 28th: Sam Ness – 3:30pm – Sky Bar at Indianhead
- February 28th: Unity The Band – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- February 29th: The Slamming Doors – 4:00pm – Blackjack Mtn
- February 29th: Unity The Band – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- March 6th: Timmy Haus – 3:30pm – Sky Bar at Indianhead
- March 6th: Brad Emanuel – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- March 7th: Brad Emanuel – 4:00pm – Blackjack Mtn
- March 7th: Timmy Haus – 9:00pm – Dudley’s Saloon at Indianhead
- March 13th: David Walters – 3:30pm – Sky Bar at Indianhead
- March 13th: David Walters – 4:00pm – Blackjack Mtn
Friday Night Fights Terrain Park Contest
- All Ages
- 3 Rounds
- Located on the terrain park tow rope of Mt. Zion
- Parents are welcome to sit at the bottom of the hill and watch (chairs usually provided)
- Great Prizes!!
Every Friday Night 7:00pm-8:00pm on Terrain Park Tow Rope
Please join us for this all ages, all skill level slow flow yoga class!
Class begins at 9am on the 3rd floor of the Gun Barrel Lodge.
Mats & props available or bring your own.
No advance sign up necessary, $10 CASH ONLY.
$5 For Students & $10 off lift ticket with valid student ID.
*This class will be offered every Saturday in January and February.
- January 25th
- February 1st
- February 8th
- February 15th
- February 22nd
It’s our 11th Year!!! Make plans to attend our Annual Community Bonfire as the Norrie Club holds the 11th Annual “Light Up The Night” Christmas Tree Burning Party & Snowshoe Hike. It’s a fun community event for everyone of all ages. Eleven years in a row and we’ll set the trees ablaze at 7pm!!!
Our neighbors at Manny’s Restaurant will be serving their amazing Steak & Chicken Buffet prior to the night’s event, so make sure to fill your belly prior to the fire! The fire happens at the North end of our parking lot, located in the Norrie Location of Ironwood adjacent to Randa Softball Field, not far from Hiawatha “The World’s Biggest Indian”. A short snowshoe hike for all skill levels will take place prior to the fire at approximately 6pm with the fire to begin @ 7pm. DJ Jackal will be playing all of your favorite Hits & Bonfire Party Tunes all evening. As we have in the past, a campfire will be started early so the kids can roast marshmallows provided by the members of the Club. Free Hot Chocolate inside the Clubhouse and a beverage trailer will be located onsite at the fire. All are welcome to attend the snowshoe hike & fire, so feel free to share this event page with your friends & family.
Cold Iron Brewing’s Live Music
- Jan. 25: Yazmin – 7:00-10:00pm
- Feb. 4th: Donald Benjamin: The U.P Tour – 9:00pm-12:00am
- Feb. 6th: Open Mic Night – 7:00-10:00pm
- Feb. 22nd: Andy Makey – 7:00pm-10:00pm
ABBA MANIA grips the world with countless tributes on television, radio and of course with the hugely popular stage hit Mamma Mia and there are no signs that this popularity is slowing down!
ABBA MANIA The Tribute takes you back in time by recreating one of the world’s finest pop groups in a live stage performance. This highly polished and professional production was created in 1999.
Watch video here.
Tickets: VIP $70 (includes reserved seat with an afterglow & gift drawings after the show), Reserved $45, General $35, Balcony $25
Snowcats from across the country trek to Big Powderhorn Mountain Resort in the Western U.P. to celebrate and parade generations of snow machines. The ski industry wouldn’t be the same without them. Come join us and see the snowcats for yourself February 1st!
Friday, Jan 31st
3-6pm | Apres Ski Live music with Chris Hogan
4-9pm | Fish Fry
Saturday, Feb 1st
9-10am | Yoga
Cat Clowder Parade time TBD
Live music with the Hurleywoodz 8pm-12am
Sunday, Feb 2nd
11am-2pm | Taco Bar & Bloody Mary Bar
4-6pm | $5 Burger & Beer
Entry Fees (Both 10K & 5K Race/Walk)
$30 by 1/30
$35 1/31 and after
2/1/2020 @ 11:00AM
Registration at Wolverine Chalet:
Friday, January 31 @ 4:00-6:00PM
Saturday, February 1 @ 9:00-10:30AM
Post Race, all participants are entered into a door prize drawing and can enjoy refreshments provided by Apsirus Ironwood.
Kids Race For Ages 4-12 years
$10 by 1/30
$15 1/31 and after
2/1/2020 @ 9:30AM