There are great events and festivals happening year round in the Western Upper Peninsula.
Enjoy the annual Heritage Days Parade on Silver Street!
Contact the Hurley Chamber for details at 715-208-0902.
Over 250 Art & Craft Exhibits
Flea Market, Sidewalk & Bake Sales
Live Music & World Famous Loon Calling Contest
Raffles, Food & Refreshments
FAMILY FUN FOR EVERYONE!
Superior Horns and Blue Ice Band — great music for a great space!
First Friday Throwback Movie: The Karate Kid
Ironwood Theatre 113 E. Aurora St., Ironwood
Wax on, wax off! Travel back to 1984 for this First Friday throwback movie. Join us on Friday August 6 at 7:45pm as we recall the exploits of Daniel, Miyagi, Ali, and the Cobra Kai crew. Admission by donation.
Family fun with animals, exhibits, carnival rides and games, music, mud races, tractors, and of course, fair food!!!
Click here for more information: https://raceroster.com/events/2020/32220/paavo-nurmi-marathon?fbclid=IwAR1WIhz7gFjeHX1MXb-5gIyNJcQZtSnO3satcacqhLj8P6FxhnxgZruXYeA
Twice a year, residents and nonresidents legally can ride without buying an ORV license or trail permit during Free ORV Weekends June 12-13 and Aug. 21-22, 2021. All other ORV rules and laws still apply.
Riders will have access to nearly 3,800 miles of off-road trails and the state’s six scramble areas (Bull Gap, Black Lake Scramble Area, Holly Oaks ORV Park, The Mounds, Silver Lake State Park, St. Helen’s Motorsport Area). *There is an additional entrance fee at Holly Oaks ORV Park.
Each summer the Emberlight Festival will create programs that celebrate artists, musicians, actors, filmmakers, creative writers and dancers. Although each season’s events will depend on that year’s festival theme and resources, we are building four pillars of the Emberlight Festival that will be presented every season: International Film Festival, Main Stage, Art in the Park, and the Emberlight Ambassador Program.
To ensure we protect our audiences and artists, we are planning our Main Stage performances outdoors at the base of the bucolic Big Powderhorn Mountain. This way we can adapt to every guideline set by the CDC while the August sunsets provide a perfect overture to our shows.
The 2021 Emberlight Festival features world-renowned performers and will surely “Light Your Fire” as we all reemerge from the pandemic. Here are just some of the highlights:
Emberlight Art in the Park at Miners Memorial Park is currently being displayed through September 5th on the Aurora Loop trail.
- Our 2021 Guest Artists include Emily Koch (Broadway’s Wicked), Miles Mykkanen (The Metropolitan Opera), Philip Stoddard (Signature Theatre), John Arida (Carnegie Hall), and Colton Pometta (Sun Valley Shakespeare).
- “Broadway Under the Stars” salutes legendary composer Stephen Sondheim from August 26 – 28 in our outdoor theatre at Big Powderhorn Mountain Resort (@bigpowderhorn).
- Miles Mykkanen and John Arida will appear in recital at the Historic Ironwood Theatre (@ironwoodtheatre) on August 28.
- Films from over 30 countries and six continents will be screened during the Emberlight International Film Festival from August 31 – September 3.
- The world premiere of Dirk Wierenga’s documentary film “Route 2 Elsewhere” about small towns along U.S. Highway 2 will be shown for free on September 1.
- “Art in the Park” opens July 2 in the Miners Memorial Heritage Park. Six free Performance Infusions will celebrate creativity and artistry on Saturday afternoons throughout the summer.
- 80% of Emberlight’s 2021 programming is open to the public, free of charge.We are committed to providing our audiences with a safe experience by following every guideline set by the C.D.C. and State of Michigan. The majority of our programming will be outdoors, and every event will be socially distanced with mask requirements. Season tickets go on sale next Tuesday, May 18. Individual tickets will be available starting July 15.
More about Emberlight:
The Emberlight Festival is a branch of Theatre North (Ironwood, Michigan), one of the oldest continually-running community theatres in the United States, and also the hometown stage of Miles Mykkanen. Miles grew up in front of Theatre North’s audiences before attending the Interlochen Arts Academy, earning three degrees in voice from The Juilliard School, and solidifying a place as one of the most promising young tenors with the world’s symphonies and opera houses.
In September 2019, Miles approached the Theatre North Board of Directors with the idea of starting an annual arts festival highlighting our best local talent alongside his colleagues from national and international arts organizations and stages. The Emberlight Festival will provide an unparalleled opportunity for audiences in the western Upper Peninsula and beyond to witness world-class talent in their own backyard.
Read more about it here https://www.emberlight.org/
The Range Art Association will hold their 66th Annual Art Show (barring any COVID set-backs) August 26 – September 5, 2021! Follow the Range Art Association Facebook page for announcements and details, or call 313-670-1565.