There are great events and festivals happening year round in the Western Upper Peninsula.
Join the Superior Riders for a street bike ride every Wednesday, starting in mid-May and running thru early September!
This is their 10th year and rides will trade off between AM and PM start times. The rides cover 8-15 miles and last about an hour and a half.
Superior Riders 2021 Schedule:
- May 12 — Cold Iron Brewery, Ironwood, 6:30 p.m.
- May 19 — Ironwood Depot Park, 10 a.m.
- May 26 — Bessemer VFW, 6:30 p.m.
- June 2 — Ironwood Depot Park, 10 p.m.
- June 9 — Joanie’s Side Kicks, Iron Belt, Wisconsin, 6:30 p.m.
- June 16 — Ironwood Depot Park, 10 a.m.
- June 23 — Bank Club, Hurley, 6:30 p.m.
- June 30 — Ironwood Depot Park, 10 a.m.
- July 7 — Cold Iron Brewery, Ironwood, 6:30 p.m.
- July 14 — Festival Ironwood, 6:30 pm.
- Aug. 4 — Don & GG’s in Ironwood, 6:30 pm.
- Aug. 11 — Ironwood Depot Park, 10 a.m.
- Aug. 18 — Brewster’s Northwoods Bar Ironwood, 6 p.m.
- Aug. 25 — Ironwood Depot Park, 10 a.m.
- Sept. 1 — Rigoni’s Bar, Ironwood, 6 p.m.
- Sept. 8 — Cold Iron Brewery, Ironwood, 6 p.m.
Saturday Arts in Heritage Park brings local artisans and crafters together!
- June 19th
- July 17th
- August 14th
For artisan / crafter booth space, contact the Hurley Chamber at 715-208-0902.
Parade — Friday night
Food and drink specials!
If the weather is permittable live music will be on the SKY BAR DECK! Masks Are Required inside and there is a seating limit in the Sky Bar with sign in required for COVID contact tracing.
- June 11th, 6-9pm- Tony Cuchetti
- June 12th, 6-9pm- Bret Miller
- June 19th- Slamming Doors
- June 26th- Sarah Buresh
- July 2nd- Sarah Buresh
- July 3rd, 6-9pm- Tony Cuchetti
- July 9th, 6-9pm- Chad Lawrence Hamm
- July 17th, 6-9pm- Bret Miller
- July 24th, 6-9pm- Sarah Buresh
- July 31st, 6-9pm- Bret Miller
- August 6th, 6-9pm- Chad Lawrence Hamm
- August 13th, 6-9pm- Timmy Haus
- August 14th, 6-9pm- Timmy Haus
- August 20th, 6-9pm- Tony Cuchetti
- August 21st, 6-9pm- Tom Katalin
- August 28th, 6-9pm- Sarah Buresh
Twice a year, residents and nonresidents legally can ride without buying an ORV license or trail permit during Free ORV Weekends June 12-13 and Aug. 21-22, 2021. All other ORV rules and laws still apply.
Riders will have access to nearly 3,800 miles of off-road trails and the state’s six scramble areas (Bull Gap, Black Lake Scramble Area, Holly Oaks ORV Park, The Mounds, Silver Lake State Park, St. Helen’s Motorsport Area). *There is an additional entrance fee at Holly Oaks ORV Park.
During the June Free ORV Weekend (June 12-13), not only can you ride your ORV for free, but the Recreation Passport entry fee is being waived that weekend (you can enter all state parks and boating access sites for free) AND it’s Free Fishing Weekend, where residents and out-of-state visitors can fish without a license! Do all three, for free.
The excitement begins at the W. S. Carow Park in Mercer! Hours are from 8am to 2pm on Saturday June 12, 2021 when we celebrate the blooming of the Lupine Wild Flower in the beautiful north woods of Wisconsin!
We’ve mapped out several scenic routes (10, 15, 28 and 50 miles) that will take bicyclists on paved roads through rolling hills and past lakes, rivers, forests, wildlife and miles of blooming lupines throughout the southern part of Iron County.
Registration begins at 6:30 a.m. with a group start at 8 a.m. The registration fee includes a tee, goodie bag, snacks, lunch coupon, water, and SAG vehicle support.
Bessemer Blast is back for 2021! Stay tuned for more details and updates!
Every year in July, Ironwood is the host to Festival Ironwood located on the grounds of the Old Depot Museum in beautiful Downtown Ironwood. Billed as a mid-summer celebration, Festival Ironwood features a variety of fun activities and entertainment.